Terms of Service
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) apply to your access and use of the software application Hellow (the “Application”) for mobile devices that was created by Hellow ApS, Lucernemarken 12, 5260 Odense S, Denmark (the “Company”), and our subsidiaries when you use our website http://www.hellow-app.com (the “Website”) and our Hellow mobile application. Our Hellow mobile application and website are collectively called the “Service”.
Please read these Terms carefully. By downloading, accessing and/or using Hellow application, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use our Service.
Hellow shall provide you with a mobile app that allows you to interact with your area. You can post messages to be seen by anyone around within the Hellow community. You can see posts of others on the feed. You can reply to them directly, also on a private basis. You are responsible for the Content that you post to the Service, including its legality, reliability, and appropriateness.
By posting Content to the Service, you grant us the right and license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content on and through the Service. You retain any and all of your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Service and you are responsible for protecting those rights. You agree that this license includes the right for us to make your Content available to other users of the Service, who may also use your Content subject to these Terms.
You represent and warrant that:
- The Content is yours (you own it) or you have the right to use it and grant us the rights and license as provided in these Terms.
- The posting of your Content on or through the Service does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
When using the Service you are allowed to post and transmit content, including but not limited to text and other materials (“User Content”). When using the Service you accept that your User Content will be viewable by other Hellow users. We cannot guarantee that post and private sent messages only will be viewable for the person(s) it was intended for.
You may not post, link, license or otherwise make available on or through the Service any of the following:
- Content that may infringe or violate any trademark, copyright, right of privacy or other intellectual or other right.
- Content that is illegal or unlawful.
- Viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or code.
You agree you will not do any of the following when using the Service:
- Use the Service if you are not over 18 years of age.
- Use the Services in any manner that could negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying the services, or that in any way could compromise the security or disable the functioning of the Services.
- Engage in any harassing, intimidating, predatory or stalking conduct.
- Compromise the security of the Services.
- Send any kind of spam or unauthorized advertising and promotional materials.
- Use any automated means or interface not provided by us to access the Services or to extract data.
- Use or attempt to use other users accounts without a written authorization.
- Attempt to circumvent any content filtering techniques we employ, or attempt to access areas/features of the Services that you are not authorized to access.
- Sell, buy, rent, lease access to your or other users Hellow account.
- Use the Services for any activity that violates these Terms.
You understand and agree that the access and availability of the Hellow app is dependent on third parties from which you received the app. You agree that the usage rules for the app are subject to any additional restrictions set forth in the usage rules for the third party Terms of Service. In case of any conflict between these Terms and conditions and the Terms and conditions of the third party, the more restrictive Terms and conditions will govern.
This License Agreement between you and Hellow grants you a limited and non-transferable license to use the Hellow App for your personal, non-commercial purposes.
Your right to use the Service does not include:
- Using the Hellow app on any mobile device that you do not own or are in control of.
- Modifying or making any derivative uses of the Service or any portion thereof.
- Downloading (other than page caching) of any portion of the Service or any information contained therein
- Reverse engineering, decompiling or access to the Service in order to build a competitive product or service
- Using the Service other than for its intended purposes.
Should you do any of this, Hellow may terminate your use of the Service, and you may have infringed the copyright of Hellow, which may subject you to prosecution and damages.
You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your device.
Download and usage of the app is free of charge. To finance the app, we may introduce paid features.
When you create an account with us, you must provide us information that is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of your account on our Service. You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Service and for any activities or actions under your password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service. In case of lost password or you want to delete your account, then please contact us using http://hellow-app.com/contact/ or contact our support at email@example.com.
You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
You may not use as a username the name of another person or entity or that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trade mark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than you without appropriate authorization, or a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene.
The trademarks and logos contained therein are owned by or licensed to Hellow subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights and the Danish and international laws and conventions. The design of the Hellow app along with the graphics, texts, and interactive features is created and owned by Hellow. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Service other than expressly permitted herein.
We may terminate or suspend your account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
Upon termination, your right to use the Service will immediately cease. If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service.
Limitation Of Liability
In no event shall Hellow, nor its directors, employees, partners, agents, suppliers, or affiliates, be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, including without limitation, loss of profits, data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from:
- Your access to or use of or inability to access or use the Service
- Any conduct or content of any third party on the Service
- Any content obtained from the Service
- Unauthorized access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content
whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or any other legal theory, whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The Service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
Hellow, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that a) the Service will function uninterrupted, secure or available at any particular time or location; b) any errors or defects will be corrected; c) the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components; or d) the results of using the Service will meet your requirements.
These Terms shall be governed by Danish law, and any dispute arising between you and Hellow relating to these Terms will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Denmark.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. We will notify you of any changes to our Terms by posting the new Terms of Service here and on our website. You are advised to consult this Terms of Service regularly for any changes, as continued use is deemed approval of all changes.
If you have any questions regarding the terms, or any feedback, complaints or claims related to the Service, please contact us.
Last Updated: Feb 22, 2018